This weekend, I was looking for a kid's activity packet for general conference, and I stumbled across Sugardoodle. I think it might be one of my new favorite sites! They have all kinds of church resources, lots of fun craft ideas, and even a section of "boredom busters" to keep your kiddos entertained! From there, I found this tutorial for a book sling. It looked really simple and really effective in organizing the kid books. For us here, that is a HUGE problem. Josie is a big book fan and has tons and tons of books that are usually all over the house. SO I decided to give it a try. I found the double rod bracket at JoAnn's on clearance for $1.75, fabric cost about $6, and the dowels were $2.50 each at Home Depot. Not bad cost-wise and I absolutely love it! And according to Josie, "It's Wonderful!" We got it hung up yesterday afternoon and she spent the rest of the afternoon moving the books around, reading one and putting it back and showing me how neat it was. I'm a fan!
The only problem so far is that we have too many books for one sling. You can probably tell in the picture that its a little over-loaded and sagging in the middle, so we took a few of her board books out. I'm going to have to make another one..

1 comment:
That's adorable! I love this idea.
Post a Comment