Wednesday, February 23, 2011

No-sew projects

When your sewing machine is broken, you have a ton of fabric, ribbons, sewing stuff and you want to do something crafty? Well, here's what I did yesterday:
I used some ModPodge and hot glue to cover my purse-wipes. I think it turned out pretty stinkin' cute. I stole this idea from a girl at church. :)
When we were expecting #1, I made a sign with her name on it. So I decided to do the same for #2. Hobby Lobby has their unfinished wooden pieces on sale this week, so we got the letters and the board for just over $10. Again, made use of the modpodge and some left over fabric from a previous project. You can't tell in the picture, but the sides of the letters are pink. I love how it turned out!
Crafting with a 2 year old is always interesting. She saw the paints and immediately wanted to paint too. SO I had to come up with a project for her to do. So I grabbed one of the million wipe boxes we have lying around and let her go at it. It's now her treasure box. And not only was it entertaining to paint, she plays with it ALL DAY.

2 comments:

Vera said...

Josie's face is hillarious!!! Love it! Hey are you guys going with any nicknames in mind for little Charlotte? Like Charlie or something? just wondering!!

Melinda said...

Josie is a genius. I love her art stylin'.