Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Still alive..

I'm still mostly alive. And every once in a while I do still craft. But a new baby, house for sale, and a crazy almost 3-year-old, my crafts tend to be small scale and farther between. The other fun thing with the new baby is that I have a nearly insatiable sweet tooth! So most of my crafts have taken on an edible aspect. :)

My friend refuses to let me repay her for all the baby-sitting that she does for me, so back in February, I decided to just make her treats as payment. I used my nifty Hello, Cupcake! book for the idea and make a box of chocolates. Loved it!
My biggest addiction is peanut butter chocolate cake pops. I love to eat them, so I find every excuse I can to make them. :)
Publish Post
For this project, I was inspired by my friend's project and decided to make some paint chip art. Here's one source for the idea. Anyways, I went over to yon Wal-Mart and took one of every sample. I kid you not! I got some crazy looks, but I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Oh and instead of buying a board, I bought a cheap-o frame and just glued right on the front of it. You know how some ideas seem fantastic in your head and then you do it and you don't really like it? Well, that was kind of how this turned out for me. I'm thinking of flipping the plastic over and trying again.. with my remaining paint samples, cause I have a TON left. :)
I don't even have a finished picture. How's that for ya?
Anyways, I have a few sewing projects that I'm hoping to get done this week. So I'll post pictures of those when I get them done. :)

2 comments:

Vera said...

I love the paint chip art, always wanted to do that but never have, i think yours turned out adorable! Don't redo, just appreciate it's uniqueness :) and oh yeah those cupcake chocolates look YUMMY!!!

beth said...

Those treats looks really cute and yummy!!