Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What I've been up to..

Not much! Well, a lot, but not much in the crafting department. We had family in town, then Christmas was upon us! So here are the only crafty things I've done lately:

First: I got this ceramic nativity set at Hobby Lobby for about $5 (after using a 40% off coupon!) It was one of those paint-it-yourself kits meant for kids, but I needed a cheap project and it looked like fun! I like how it turned out. If I had more time, I'd take pictures of each one. Maybe next week, after Christmas is over!
Next: My mother-in-law's birthday was at the beginning of the month. We had a great present planned for her, but it fell through. So I headed to Hobby Lobby yet again to try to find something that she might love. Well, I found this upholstery fabric in the remnant bin. There was 7/8 of a yard (normally $21/yd) marked down to $6!!! Then I bought 2 pillow forms, bringing my grand total to around $18. I used the tutorial from All Things Thrifty (found here). Super easy!! And the best part, is that they are slip covers so you can remove and wash them if you need to. I absolutely LOVE these pillows!

Well, that's all for now. Hopefully when things calm down after the holidays, I'll get back in the crafting mood!

No comments: