The one request on a Halloween costume this year was that it had "wings like Buzz" (as in Buzz Lightyear). Well, I wasn't about to let my adorable 2 year old GIRL be Buzz, so we talked about it and decided that a fairy would be good. So we searched EVERYWHERE for a fairy costume that we liked, and came up empty. Here's what I ended up with: I made the dress (using the Disney Fairies pattern), the headband, and the wand. We got the wings from Wal-Mart for $5. I have to say, she was a pretty darn cute fairy!
My costume was totally last minute and much less creative. I found a cute green shirt at Wal-Mart for $7, and had some of the white craft foam (you know, the kind that comes in sheets, for like 25 cents a sheet). It worked out pretty well with my baby bump! :)

I've totally hit the nesting stage early with this pregnancy, so I'm actually being crafty again. I've bought a bunch of fabric, and I have 4 projects in line for the next couple of days. I'll post pictures when I'm done!
No comments:
Post a Comment