Tuesday, June 22, 2010

SEW busy!

A friend of mine invited/talked me into doing a craft fair at one of the local summer celebrations--with about 1 month notice! I have been busy buying up LOTS of fabric and cutting, sewing, ironing, etc. like crazy!
Before that, I did have some time to make myself a few things... I decided my kitchen window needed a new curtain. Its not perfect, but it cost me under $5 and its much better than the green thing that was there before.
Next, my purse sprang a leak! I was so sad because I loved my purse and used it for all occasions. I guess that's why it got a big hole in the bottom... so here is my replacement:
I didn't think it was possible, but I love this more than my last purse! It was a little more expensive because I used canvas for the outside to make it a little more sturdy. I got it at Hobby Lobby. Its normally $8.99 a yard but I had a coupon, of course. :) One of the main things I'm going to try to sell at the craft fair are bags like this one.

Then, I used the scraps to make a little clutch:
Its cute, but now I need opinions. Would any of you buy one of these? Its big enough to hold maybe some money/cards, keys, phone and some make-up. I think its good for a night out, but I'm just not sure if I should spend my time on these or something else.

Here's another project for the craft fair, flowers in every color!
I must say, I'm a little nervous about the craft fair. I'm hoping I can at least break even, but what if nothing sells? I think the hubby will have a fit when he sees my receipts. :) Anyways, so far, I'm planning on having an array of bags to sell, I have several car seat covers already made, a few aprons, the flowers, and a selection of little girl hair bows. Justin seems to think that wallets are the way to go, but those are more of a pain to make.. I'm going to have to see how much time I have when it comes down to it. Right now I have about 3 weeks.. crazy! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I think it all looks very fun. As far as the wallets/clutches, I say make what you have fun making and what you enjoy and like. You have good taste, so have fun with it. Good luck. :)

Erin said...

Hey, where's the craft show. Let the family know and we'll come do some shopping. I really need a new purse and an apron too. And I love the curtain too.