Friday, May 28, 2010

Hello, Cupcake!

I got a new book! I was very excited to even find out it existed. It's called "Hello, Cupcake". There are actually 2 books from the same people out. Check out the website here. Basically, it has step by step instructions, templates, tips, and everything you need to make some TOTALLY AWESOME cupcakes. My friend Heather introduced me to the books and I had to go right out and buy one. And then of course I had to hurry home and make some cupcakes! There is a bit of a learning curve, if you've never piped chocolate shapes on wax paper--I didn't realize how fast it would dry! Anyways, here are my creations:
My butterflies really did not look that fabulous on the wax paper, so I was concerned about how they would really turn out. Just goes to show that you don't have to do the piping perfectly in order for your cupcakes to be adorable!
My friend had both "Hello, Cupcake" and "What's New, Cupcake?", so I was able to check out both books pretty well. These cute flowers are a design from "What's New" and I was trying to duplicate it from memory. They aren't quite as lovely as they should be, but still cute, right?
Amazing what you can do with a few mini-marshmallows!
Lastly, and totally unrelated-ly, I finished the road trip satchel for my niece. She loves purple and Dora. I searched through my stash and happened to have a remnant of Dora material! What are the odds? I hope she loves it!

3 comments:

Ginny said...

Those cupcakes are awesome! This opens up a whole new level of cupcakedecoratingness....thanks, I'll never look at a simple frosted cupcake the same! lol

Heidi said...

Oh my heck those are awesome! When I saw your facebook status the other day I thought "I want to go get cupcakes"...I totally should have hoped in the car and made the drive lol :)

Erin said...

Sweet!!! I guess I just haven't been paying attention because I didn't know you even had a craft blog. Glad I found it. Everything looks awesome. I love to bake too, I'll have to be brave and go more out on a limb. You're cupcakes tured out amazing.