Monday, April 5, 2010

Dresses and Aprons

My sister is getting married next month and asked me to be her maid of honor. So, it was time to go dress shopping. We went EVERYWHERE in the valley and the dresses were either too short (on top or bottom), wrong color, too ugly, made me look funny-shaped, etc. So I decided to try to make myself one. I gave myself PLENTY of time, just in case it turned out awful and I had to go find one at the store anyways. But, I am so SO happy with how it turned out! Here it is hanging up. I need to get a picture of it on.. best part about a dress made just for you--it fits JUST RIGHT! Hurray!

I bought plenty of extra fabric, since I know myself and how I'm prone to mistakes.. Luckily I only had to restart on the bodice once. Well, with the extra fabric, I decided to make a dress for the munchkin! Here it is! 


The next project was an easter dress. I was planning on getting some cute pink or purple fabric, but the munchkin told me "No like it!" and when I asked which one she did like, she chose blue. Quite the little princess...

Months and months ago, I bought some fabric over at JoAnn's to make myself an apron. For some reason, this project scared me to death! Probably because I didn't even have an apron in the house to model it after.. (which is why I was going to make one). I finally buckled down and did it and I'm thrilled with how it turned out! Then I made a matching one, and we put on our aprons and made dinner. Josie was so thrilled to match Mommy and to make dinner with me. It was a fun evening! 

And yes, that is Mike Brady in the background... hehe



2 comments:

Perry's said...

You are so talented! You'll have to teach me :)

Ginny said...

Hot stuff coming through...love the aprons!!